i went ahead and spent some money and got a handful of markers to give 'em a go. i have mixed feelings of joy and trepidation.
things i like:
- consistency of color.
- no streaks/ease of blending.
- no buckling on the paper.
- it gives my work polish that i just can't seem to get with paint because of my tentativeness.
- Learning to use them. they color pretty no matter what you do with them, which is great, but i don't want to get too sloppy. also, while i like the brush nibs very much, somehow i can't control them as well as an actual brush with paint. i keep wandering out of the lines.
- cost (?). i bought more colors than I probably really need, though ~ over time i will figure out a palette.
- colors! zooks, i'm bad at choosing colors. i chose out of the "sepia" family, figuring i'd trust it to be, well, sepia (as i know it), but it's awfully bright. it's not that big of a deal because i can adjust the saturation on the computer (as i did above), but i'd like to figure out a truer color match eventually.
it's all about the artifact.
if i don't have something i can hold in my hand, i don't love it.
at any rate, i colored four pages this morning before noon ~ fastest coloring job ever. that alone is worth a lot. now i can spend the rest of the weekend working on totally new stuff! yay!
hope everyone is having a great weekend!
p.s. the panel above is from a page you won't see until october 12th, i think. please note the dreaded corn field!